Saturday, December 4, 2010

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss

I bought these lipglosses the day I saw them at shoppers. I didn't care about the price and just picked them up. I kind of wish that I waited for walmart to carry them. :\
The packaging is very nice for a drugstore product, but I feel a brush applicator is more appropriate than the doe foot. It is very opaque so be careful when applying so you do not apply too much. This doesn't come with ingredient list or anything, it comes as is.



General Review:

Pro:
- Good coverage
- Nice colours(if it flatters your skin tone)
- Nice packaging
- Not super sticky

Cons:
- Settles into fine lines
- Cannot match with warm tones(unless you like looking dead)
- I think it would be better with a brush applicator
- Expensive (currently can only be bought at shoppers for $9CAD)

Overall:
This gloss is pretty good, glides easily. However, since it's a creme colour, it's hard to distribute colour evenly. I selected bad shades that doesn't match me. It's a disappointment, but I can deal with it.



Peach Petal:

Colour: 2/5
Despite having "peach" in the name, it is nowhere near as warm toned. This is also very cool and much much harder to pull off versus the Lilac Pastelle. It is very nice in itself, however it just doesn't match me. Warning to all of you ladies out there with warm skin tones. :(

Longevity: TBD
I just haven't been able to wear it long enough because it's so hard for me to pull off. I'm assuming it can last for a while granted that you don't eat/drink.

Cost: ~$9.00 CAD
I bought it at shoppers because it's the only place which has this. If and when Walmart has this, it will most likely be approximately 6.00

General: 2/5
Ugg, this gloss is so hard to use. I'm so dissapointed.


Lilac Pastelle:
Colour: 3.5/5
It's a very nice colour and very unique. The only problem is, I have a warm toned skin and I look like I died. :\ However, it very very small amounts, it does look pretty and workable. It just isn't for me.

Longevity: TBD
Why? Well, considering the fact that it makes me look like a zombie, I haven't worn it long enough. It is, however not as sticky as lancome's juicy tubes.

Cost: ~$9.00 CAD
It cost more than usual because I bought it at shoppers, which got it before walmart. :( so I paid premium prices because I couldn't wait. I regret that. WHY WHY WHY! I was suckered into the fact that it was Limited Edition, and everyone was raving about it.

General:
3.5/5
PLEASE AVOID IF NUDES/COOLS DON"T WORK FOR YOU AND MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU"VE BEEN DEAD FOR A WEEK.


If you have a warm skin tone like me, using these alone SUCKS. I look like I just died. What I suggest is using a very warm/red toned lipstick/stain under it. It'll tone down the cool tones in the lipgloss.

See? so much better. Sadly, a pet peeve of mines is when the doe foot applicator picks up the colour of the lipstick. I hate it, so I'm waiting for my lipstains to come in before I really wear these out.
Also, the glosses may appear to look okay in photos, but:
1) they are close ups, so you don't see how horrible it really is
2) camera makes it look nice on my lips
3) I appeared more washed out because I was in front of a window
But, comparing the regular swatches versus the one over the lipstick, I think the lipstick one wins.

Ps. I feel my watermarks are obnoxious...so sorry if it bothers you.

2 comments:

  1. i loooove the lilac!!! thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Lilac Pastelle one! AND IT'S LOVEEE! :)))

    ReplyDelete