Sunday, May 16, 2010

Purederm Facemask review

I bought this face mask on the whim because I just wanted to pamper myself. It can be bought at walmart, but for such an expensive price. In addition to the fact that I bought 30 sheet mask from gmarket. This one is the cucumber essence mask, which states that it will whiten skin(what I want! hopefully it works), sooth, and moisturize.
The actual sheets are lovely, quite thick and filled with serum. There were a lot of slits in it, and it didn't help position the mask, especially at my chin. There is a flap for the eyehole, which some masks lack, so I'm glad this one did... As for the serum itself, it feels somewhat sticky, but goes away after a while. This mask is filled with 23ml and there was excess left in the bag.
Now, my skin is more on the dry/normal side rather than the oily side. If you notice in my pictures, I put it over my eyes. Apparently, it's not supposed to go into my eyes. Well, after I let it soak into my eyes, it turned my right eye into a monolid. Now, my right eye is notorious for changing into double and mono at any given time. Usually, it's double, but it changes into mono on occasion, especially if I either cried, or has extreme moisture to that area. So, after i used this mask, it popped into a mono, however, I just swiped my lid, and it went back.
What I like to do, is pop the mask into the fridge for a nice cooling mask. Also, it should be placed on a nicely cleansed face.












Breakdown:
Cost: $1.88(+13% tax)
Moisturizing: 3.5/5
It could have done more, but my face mostly feels stick after I took it off, only after a few min did it sink in.
Whitening: 2/5
I barely saw any whitening...maybe a bit, but not enough
Soothing: 3/5
As you can see, I have a few pimples, and they are less red(but then again, maybe it's because I didn't touch them...)

Overall: 3/5
Perhaps I was expecting a lot, but it didn't do much. This is, of course a sheet mask, and sheet mask are much more gentle(and good for everyday) than wash off masks. Pure cucumbers did much better than this, so instead of using 1.88 on one mask, get a cucumber. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment