Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 04 - Your views on religion.

Just to let you know, I have no religion. I don't really 'believe' in anything. If I was forced to choose something, it would be Buddhism.
Now, the problem I have with religion is the fact that they try to shove their religion down my throat. I highly dislike it when they [by they, I mean the followers] point at me, and say "oh, you don't believe god? You're going to hell." Who the eff is to judge whether I go to hell or not? Provided that hell exist.
It's not to say that I solely think science is everything. Science is still evolving, and there's a lot of things that hasn't been discovered yet, or is completely wrong. Who knows, god may exist. However, there isn't enough evidence for me to believe in him.
Besides my lack of faith, I think it's wonderful people believe in a religion. I think it's good that people have something to keep them living. To have faith in something, and believe that the best will result, to me, is a coping mechanism.
Let's take for example, a natural disaster. If you believe in god, you will pray and hope for a better day. However, if you do not, you will just think "oh well. What happens happens, and it doesn't matter. People are dead." or along those lines. I think it just...helps people.
It also provides a support group for people. When people collectively believe in one religion, it beings people together, and I like that. What I don't like, is when they point fingers and tell others what will happen in their life because of different views.

No comments:

Post a Comment